Join the team and get a taste for the life of a Birdland Keeper with the Keeper for a Day experience.
This unique experience, for people aged 14 years and up, allows bird lovers a behind the scenes glimpse and the chance to shadow our expert keepers for the day.
Working with our passionate team could entail anything from preparing the birds special dietary requirements to helping create habitats for our feathered residents.
Shadowing a Birdland Keeper during the seven-hour experience means you’ll discover the day to day care which goes into looking after our 500 birds. From their health checks to cleaning out aviaries and providing food – there’s lots to learn about.
If you’re becoming a Keeper for a Day during a busy period you may also be some special contact with new birds or seeing first-hand the hatching in the incubator, catching birds for ringing or veterinary inspection.
Every day here at Birdland there’s something different happening, so nothing can be guaranteed except enjoyment and hopefully a little educational insight.
Here’s what to expect during a Keeper for a Day experience:
- Our Head Keeper will greet you at the gates of Birdland at 8:30am and give you the lowdown of what your day might look like.
- Become a member of the team and take on an active role as a keeper which could entail anything from helping prepare birds for medical examinations to creating habitats suitable for new arrivals.
- You’ll help our passionate staff prepare food for the residents of Birdland and learn about the individual species dietary requirements and any other vitamins needed to keep them happy and healthy.
- We like to keep an eye on our feathered friends her at Birdland and so it’s likely you’ll get to check a number of bird species on their daily route around the park.
- Of course, you can’t experience the glamour of being a Birdland Keeper without fully undertaking all of the roles onsite, which may mean cleaning some of the habitats!
- Depending on the time of year you become a Keeper for the Day you might even get to help build aviaries and nest boxes, overlook incubation, hand rear any chicks and much more.
- Whilst here you’ll also receive lunch in the Flamingo Point Café where you can enjoy a quiet break overlooking the River Windrush.
- You’ll receive a certificate from the team here at Birdland to thank your for all your hard work before the Keeper for a Day experience ends at 3pm.
The Keeper for a Day experience costs £85.00 and includes entry to Birdland Park and Gardens.*
Only one Keeper for a Day experience is available each day and so they regularly sell out far in advance. We advise you book in advance to avoid disappointment. Book Online Now to secure your exclusive Keeper for the Day experience or read about all the experiences on offer here.
For more information or to book in a Keeper for a Day experience contact us on 01451 820480 Ext. 2 (between 10am – 5pm), or email us directly at email@example.com.