Livingstone Leisure Ltd – owners and operators of Birdland Park & Gardens (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy will be kept updated to explain how our activities may change in response to variations in data protection, legislation and organisational developments. This policy applies to customers, members, suppliers and employees or if you use any of our services, visit our website, email, call or write to us. Should the need arise we may also provide extra privacy notices for specific new activities, which will refer to this page.
We will never sell your personal data and only share it with organisations we work with when it’s necessary and the privacy and security of your data can be assured.
Who are ‘we’?
In this policy whenever you see the words we, us, our, or Livingstone Leisure Ltd, it refers to Birdland Park & Gardens. Our registration with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is ZA06946.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Livingstone Leisure Ltd of 34 Acreman Street, Sherborne, Dorset, DT9 3NX.
Where and how we collect your information.
We collect information which is deemed necessary or which we believe will improve your interaction with us in the following ways:
Information you give us
- For example, when you make a purchase with us for tickets or experiences, register for an event, subscribe to email, request information or complete a form from our website
Information we generate
- We use the personal data we generate to help administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. For example by analysing your information we are able to build a profile which helps us decide which of our communications may interest you.
Cookies (IP Address)
- We may also use third party cookies through our website. Third party cookies are cookies that have been written on to your device by a website different to website from the one you are visiting.
Google Analytics (GA)
- We use GA to help us understand how visitors are using and engaging with our website. This allows us to make improvements to our web services and your overall experience. The GA tracking tool uses a number of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics and does so without personally identifying individual users.
- If you wish to opt out of GA tracking please visit and install the Google Analytics opt out browser add on here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Our data processor is Jarrang who are registered as a data processor with the ICO. The servers are all located in UK data-centres and no data leaves the EEA.
- Data that has been inactive for 18 months or more will be deleted from the Birdland database. There is the option to unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ link from emails or by contacting via email. Please note it can take up to 7 working days for our systems to update your change in subscription status.
Children’s Personal data
Membership – children aged under 18 who have a membership. We will collect their names and date of birth to ensure their right to free admission if applicable. We don’t ask children on membership to consent to marketing communications, and instead apply communication preferences of the main named contact given on set up of the membership.
Where we store your personal data
All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any associated payment transactions will be entered on a secure page and transferred using SSL technology through our chosen payment provider(s). Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect any personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Livingstone Leisure Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data for relevant, lawful purposes.
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes outlined in any fair processing notice in a transparent manner at the time of collection, in accordance with expressed preferences
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, or other device being used to access our site;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- If asked by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities we may need to provide your personal data.
Below are the main uses of your data which depend on the nature of our relationship with you and how you interact with our various services, websites and activities.
Marketing & Ticketing Communications
- If you choose to hear from us, we may send you information based on what is most relevant to you or things that you’ve told us you like. We may also show you relevant content online, this might be about visiting, memberships or events.
- We’ll only send information to you if you agree to receive it and we will never share your information with other companies for their marketing purposes. If you agree to receive marketing information from us you can change your mind at a later date.
- We may sometimes use third parties to capture your data on our behalf, but only where we are confident that the third party will treat your data securely in accordance with our terms and in line with the requirements set out in the GDPR, eg; collecting direct debits through banks.
- We’ll always act upon your choice on how you want to receive communications (for example by email, post or phone). However, there are some communications that we need to send. These are essential to fulfil our promises to you as a customer, or member.
- Examples are
- Transaction messaging with regard to tickets or retail sales, event booking confirmation and post-visit email.
- Membership related mailings such as renewal reminders or updated terms or event programme changes.
- Examples are
- Membership including newsletters & updates
- We use the personal data you provide as a member to service your membership. This includes sending renewal information to annual members by email/mail.
- We scan membership cards to check entitlement to free entry, to understand how and when our members visit and to help us send you more relevant communications.
- We may also contact you about feedback on your visit and overall experience of being a member of Birdland Park & Gardens.
- Retail Sales & Ticketing for Admissions/Events & Experiences
- We process customer data in order to fulfil admission, event and experience bookings and retail activities. Your data will be used to communicate with you throughout the process, including confirming we’ve received your booking and payment, to confirm and to clarify where we might need more detail to fulfil an order or booking or to resolve issues that might arise with your order or booking or to notify about any changes to our service.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your bookings including your credit/debit card details.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to this policy
- Because we are constantly improving our website, there may be developments in how we use your data. We will make sure we comply to the principles of the General Data Protection regularly.
- All such developments will be promptly notified to you in this policy. The contents of this notice will be reviewed periodically, and any changes will be posted on this page, therefore you are advised to refer to it from time to time.